I'm delighted to launch the first season of Explore Explain, a video and podcast series about data visualisation design.
** Content warning: This episode discusses visualising data about suicide. If you need help, find help **
To find out more information about how to listen, view and subscribe to the audio and video versions of this episode, and to view the full list episodes, visit the podcast page.
You can watch this episode on the dedicated Explore Explain Youtube channel or through using the embedded player below.
The audio podcast is published across all common platforms (such as Apple, Acast, Spotify etc.), which means you will find this series listed in the respective directories through a simple search for 'Explore Explain' or by manually entering - or copying/pasting - this url to your subscriptions - https://feed.pod.co/exploreexplain.
To listen directly, visit this link or use the embedded podcast player below.
Here are further links to some of the key resources mentioned during this episode:
- 'How I visualized data on suicide' process write-up
- S-H-O-W Conference 2019
- Anna Wiederkehr
- Joost Grootens' portfolio and specific work mentioned 'Objects destroyed by US military intervention against IS'
- Sara Sprinkhuizen
- Romain Trystram's portfolio
- Dutch statistics about suicide
- 'The Stories behind a Line' by Federica Fragapane with Alex Piacentini
- Gold winner!